Category Archives: Common Core
Join us in a series of fun and engaging workshops where educators will have the opportunity to work with LEGO Education kits and technology to bring Common Core and NGS to life! Participants will work through hands-on activities that cover modeling in science, math, engineering, language arts, reading, social studies and literacy that will provide opportunities for students to demonstrate and build their 21st century skills. Bring engaging and motivating programs into your classroom! Topics will vary by session (review descriptions when you register for your event). LEGO Education manipulatives available include:
• WeDo Robotics: STEAM
• StoryStarter: ELA, Reading, Social Studies, Science
• MoreToMath Primary Math
• MINDSTORMS Robotics EV3: Explore real world Math, Science, Renewable Energy and Engineering.
• Simple & Motorized Mechanisms: Physical Science, Physics, Renewable Energy, and Engineering.
Project Based Learning & 21st Century Skills with LEGO Education has open registration dates of May 6, July 17 and October 23.
The METC 2015 Virtual Conference consisted of live programming on February 10 and 11 during the edtech conference. Those same sessions are now archived for streaming at your convenience. The presentations chosen include those from keynote and featured speakers as well as Midwest Spotlight Educators.
The Smarter Balanced Library is a resource available to all Missouri teachers. Its Digital Library is a collection of professional learning resources and instructional resources to help educators tailor their Missouri Learning Standards instruction to students’ needs using formative assessment processes. Educators can use these resources throughout the school year to:
- Identify any misconceptions they might have regarding formative assessment
- Increase their use of formative assessment tools
- Better understand where students are in their learning
- Make quick adjustments to instruction
EducationPlus is offering six workshops over three days to help educators to learn how to navigate the Digital Library, differentiate between professional and instructional resources and explore resources for their specific needs.
Monday, October 27, 2014 OR
Monday, November 10, 2014 OR
Friday, December 12, 2014
Times: 8:30- 11:30am and repeats 12:30 – 3:30pm;
choose morning or afternoon session.
Location: EducationPlus, 1460 Craig Rd., St. Louis, MO 63146
Cost: $50 Members and Non-Members
Participants will need to bring their own device and district provided access code to this workshop. Register online at www.edplus.org.
The last two summer edtech workshops are scheduled next week at EducationPlus with Google Certified Teacher Cindy Lane:
• Bloomin’ Toolbox: Resources for Today’s Educators consists of diving into the six levels of Bloom’s Taxonomy, aligned with Common Core principles, and retrieving useful web 2.0 tools to use in your classroom. Time will be spent collaborating with other educators to share tools as well as looking into the usefulness of sites listed by the facilitator. All websites discussed will be housed on a Google site for further reflection. JULY 28.
• Google Goods that Meet the Standards: So your school has “gone Google” and left you behind? NO WORRIES! Out of the 50+ free tools brought to you by Google, a Google Certified Teacher will share the educationally based tools tied to Missouri Learning Standards you need to understand and help you navigate through them during this workshop. Among the favorites are DOCS, GMAIL, CALENDAR, SEARCH, CUSTOM SEARCH ENGINES and EVEN MORE!! Get the goods on all things Google in this fast-paced workshop. July 29.
Visit www.edplus.org to learn more & to register.