Category Archives: Collaboration
Hard to believe we’re approaching mid-July already! We have a few more edtech workshops lined up throughout the month – and there is still time to register! Learn from members of the St. Louis (and beyond!) edtech community in engaging, hands-on sessions at EducationPlus. See the registration calendar here, and keep reading to see what’s being offered before the school year starts!
July 21: Social Media in Schools: Tackling Social Media Responsibility
July 22: Teaching & Learning Through Tweets: Twitter for Teachers
July 23: Creating SMART Board Lessons to Engage & Motivate Students
July 24: iPads in the Classroom
July 31: Taking Discovery Education Streaming to the Next Level
(1) Google Mania Takes Over in July read it here
(2) To Thine Own Self Be True: Character Education with Shakespeare read it here
(3) St. Louis Summer 2015 Reading Clubs read it here
(4) Project Based Learning & 21st Century Skills with LEGO read it here
(5) Using Sensory Integration Strategies to Help Students Focus read it here
The Connected Classroom is the EducationPlus Learning Division blog. Here are the top five most visited posts for the past month– did you contribute to the clicks?
Click on the text above to go to Show-Me a Movie information website. There, you’ll find complete rules & guidelines, the rubric judges will use to evaluate movies and movie-making resources from experts in the field. You can see last year’s winners online at SchoolTube.
Interested in presenting at the 32nd annual Midwest Education Technology Community Conference? METC 2015 is February 9-11. The conferences continues to grow in size- onsite attendance in St. Louis, Missouri, was over 2,000 last year and online attendance via Twitter reached several hundred thousand educators!
Make note of these 2014 dates & start planning!
• Preconference Workshop Proposal Deadline: August 23
• General Session Proposal Deadline: September 13
• Proposal Review Period: September-October
• Acceptance Notification: October
Seeking Precons and Breakouts:
• Preconference Workshop (3 hour or 6 hour)
• General Session (50 minutes or 1 hour & 50 minutes)
1. Assessment (ex: data teams & analysis)
2. Differentiated Instruction (ex: assistive technology)
3. Digital Creation (ex: 3D printers, 3D design)
4. E-Learning (ex: flipped classroom)
5. Innovative Instruction (ex: literacy skills and math reasoning)
6. Leadership & Professional Learning (ex: innovative leadership practices)
7. Library & Media Literacy (ex: copyright, fair use & Creative Commons)
8. Mobile Learning (ex: 1:1)
9. Technical Infrastructure & Support (ex: wireless networking)
Tags: assessment, differentiated instruction, Digital Creation, E-Learning, edtech, EducationPlus, Innovative Instruction, Leadership & Professional Learning, Library & Media Literacy, METC, Mobile Learning, STEM, Technical Infrastructure & Support