Saint Louis Story Stitchers has a contest open for St. Louis area students to participate in, learn more:
Call for Entries
St. Louis students are invited to enter original work- drawing, photography, writing- in the Youth Art & Writing Contest sponsored by Saint Louis Story Stitchers. The deadline to enter is Saturday, April 18 at 5 pm and winners are notified May 9.
This is an art and literary contest of original works created by St. Louis youth currently in fifth through twelfth grades residing in St. Louis city or county. The project theme is “Coming of Age in St. Louis.” Students are challenged to “give us glimpses of what you are seeing, hearing, feeling as a young person coming of age in St. Louis right now.”
• Youth residing in St. Louis city or county, grades 5-12, are eligible.
• Work must reflect on the project theme, Coming of Age in St. Louis.
• Work created in school is eligible.
• Work will be judged on overall quality, creativity, originality and sense of emotion, and/or personality exhibited and relevance to the theme.
• Saint Louis Story Stitchers will have sole discretion on the choice of contest judges.
• Judges’ decisions are final.
Winners will earn recognition May 16 at a special ceremony along with the following prizes in each of the three age divisions: first-place iPad mini and case, second-place $100, and third-place $50. Submissions are due by 5 pm, April 18. For more information and to enter, visit storystitchers.org.