Despite what seemed to be an endless winter- and countless snow days- the end of the school year is in sight! Here are three summer reading programs offered by local libraries:
• Turn in a Summer Reading Club Reading Record at any St. Louis Public Library between May 5-July 26.
• Keep track of the library books and/or magazines you read or listen to (eBooks & audio books count too!).
• Each time you complete five books, win a small prize, get the next Reading Record, and keep reading.
• Age-appropriate prizes are available for Babies and Toddlers.
Summer reading clubs at St. Louis County Library run from May 12-August 2. Participation is free, registration for all summer reading clubs begins May 12. All reading club logs must be submitted and prizes claimed by Saturday, August 9. Some more information:
• Sign up for the kids’ summer reading club starting May 12 at a branch near you.
• Keep track of the number of minutes you read on the special reading passport you receive when you sign up.
• Bring the reading passport to the library when you reach each prize stop.
St. Charles City-County Library District‘s summer reading program is June 2-August 2. Fifteen hours of reading completes the program to receive a book and enter for the grand prize drawing.
Please visit the libraries’ respective websites for further details about each club!