Voyage of Learning Teachers’ Academy is a summer program for teachers from the St. Louis area that builds connections between students, teachers, the Voyager institutions and cultural institutions in Forest Park. Throughout the eight days of intensive professional development programming, the instructional team emphasizes knowledge, skills, and resources essential to effective experiential education, with the ultimate goal of encouraging teachers to utilize Forest Park as a natural extension of the classroom.
To date, this Forest Park Forever program has trained 365 teachers to incorporate outdoor learning into their classes, impacting 70,000 students throughout the region. Teachers are encouraged to participate in teams from their schools. Voyage of Learning:
- Builds teachers’ skills
- Promotes interdisciplinary approaches
- Aligns with “Show Me” Standards
- Creates pool of resources
For teachers, the program offers:
- 5 PDU credits
- 3 Graduate Credits available through UMSL
- Transportation/Bus Funds for class trips
- Voyagers Rendezvous, June 24, 2014 (Attendance Optional)
- Orientation & Reception, July 15 2014, 4:00-7:30 pm
- Academy, July 16-25, 2014, 8:00 am – 3:00 pm
Learn more at their website, and see more images like the one above, at www.forestparkforever.org/education.