EducationPlus announces a series of videoconference dialogs among schools on the topics of improving unaccredited schools and the St. Louis school transfer program.
These conversations are suggested for classes in Civics, Government, History, Journalism and Social Studies. High school students from different demographic areas of St. Louis, including the unaccredited districts and the receiving districts, will have an opportunity to talk with each other in a series of five videoconference dialogs. Schools must participate in all five sessions and have a way to connect over the Internet with voice and video to participate; this could be by having a Polycom-type unit or Skype-type connection. Time will be determined by participating schools and EducationPlus. To learn more, including session descriptions and the series’ alignment with Common Core ELA Standards, follow this link.
Session 1 | Jan. 29, 2014
Session 2 | Feb. 24, 2014
Session 3 | March 31, 2014
Session 4 | April 15, 2014
Session 5 | May 7, 2014
Objectives of this program are for the students to:
- Research the background of the school accreditation process and the current transfer program, including national and Missouri state educational policy
- Interview the parties involved with Missouri school accreditation and the current transfer program
- Evaluate and summarize school accreditation from all perspectives
- Compile and document data and anecdotal evidence related to the current transfers
- Brainstorm and develop recommendations for education policy in Missouri
- Present results of study to appropriate parties