Local public libraries want you and your children to read this summer! Here’s a list of reading programs being offered, click on links for complete details, including special programming, guidelines, incentives:
St. Charles City-County Library District
Free Summer Reading Programs take place June 3 – August 3 | sign up at any branch. Sponsored by the Friends of the Library. Options for the St. Charles City-County Library District reading program include:
• Babies & Toddlers – young children who cannot consistently sit for a story
• Read Togethers- children who cannot read to themselves but will sit for a story
• Readers- children through grade 5 in the fall who can read to themselves
• Teen Reading Program – grade 6 in the fall through high school senior in the fall
• Adult Reading Program
St. Louis County Library
Free summer reading clubs run from May 13-August 3 | sign up at any branch. As an added incentive, preschool children through those entering 12th grade will have their fines waived when they sign up for a summer reading club. Options for the St. Louis County Library reading club include:
• Babies– keep track of how many books you read to your little one and how many library story times you attend on the log sheet you receive when you sign up
• Kids– track the number of minutes or books read on a special log sheet
• Teens– earn points by reading books, magazines, graphic novels and listening to audiobooks. Register & keep track of your reading online or pick up a log sheet at your nearest branch.
• Adults– individuals who complete the club will receive an SLCL beverage tumbler, coupons to Sonic and Penn Station, and will be entered into a drawing to win gift cards from Barnes & Noble, Starbucks and the St. Louis Bread Company.
St. Louis Public Library
All adult and high school readers are invited to join Pageturners, the Library’s reading club for adults between between May 6 – July 27 | sign up with your library card at any branch.
• Keep track of the Library books, e-books, audiobooks, and/or magazines you read or listen to in your Pageturners Reading Log.
• When you finish 10 books, you’ll receive a special Pageturners prize, a chance to win a laptop computer, and a chance to win two tickets to a St. Louis Cardinals baseball game.