February 7, 2013 | 4-7 pm | Kemper Art Museum | Teacher Open House
Washington University’s Sam Fox School of Design & Visual Arts and the Mildred Lane Kemper Art Museum invite St. Louis-area teachers to an open house event to learn about opportunities for themselves and their students. At the event, participants will:
• Tour the Sam Fox School (tours at 5pm and at 6pm)
• View current exhibitions:
Georges Braque and the Cubist Still Life, 1928 – 1945
Face and Figure in European Art, 1928 – 1945
Women: Contemporary Chinese Art
• Learn about upcoming professional development workshops:
Meaningful Objects: The Cubist Still Life
About Face: Poetry and the Human Visage
Opening the Eye Mind: Visual Art through Focused Awareness
• Pick up educational materials
• Enter a raffle for a chance to win a Kemper goody bag
• Enjoy snacks and drinks with fellow teachers
Februay 9, 2013 | 8:30 am – 12:00 pm | Washington University Danforth Campus | Darwin Day 2013
Come celebrate Charles Darwin’s Birthday with your fellow teachers and scientists. Free for all St. Louis area K-12 science teachers. Register here.
• Choose from four workshops:
Teaching the Foundations of Evolution in K-5
Teaching Evolution in Middle School
Teaching Evolution in High School
What Observations Baffled Young Charles Darwin?
• Enter drawings for books and prizes (the first 50 attendees receive a free posters)
• Sign up for a monthly book club (books provided)
• Take your picture with Darwin!
• Enjoy birthday cake and coffee
Februay 9, 2013 | 8 am – 3 pm | Hixson Middle School | edcampSTL
edcampSTL is free one-day professional development session. It brings together those interested in learning and sharing more about best practices in education in an “unconference” format. This innovative format allows the knowledge and interests of those in attendance to lead the conversations of growth. All are welcome to join! Register here.