Registration is now open for all educators (superintendents, assistant superintendents, principals, assistant principals, librarians, media specialists, tech coordinators, and teachers) to attend the 2012-2013 Technology Leadership Academy. This annual, 6-day professional development academy from Cooperating School Districts will assist educators in developing the knowledge and skills necessary to use technology as a tool for more effective and efficient leadership in their schools. Educators from Missouri, Illinois and Arkansas have participated in the past. The academy addresses:
• Improving classroom use of technology
• Developing a vision of how to use technology to improve student performance
• Assessing technology strengths and needs of your staff/students
• Developing a practical and useful technology plan
• Expanding your network of colleagues
• Focusing on leadership skills in technology
TLA dates this year are: October 10, November 7, December 5, January 9, February 12 (at the Midwest Education Technology Conference), and March 6.
Participants receive an iPad with 3G capability, a course book, 35 hours of professional development training, plusone day attendance at METC for a cost of $1,600; if you do not want the iPad, the cost lowers to $1,000. P.O.’s and credit cards are accepted. Click here to register!
If you have questions, please contact Martha Bogart at 314-692-1258.