“Change your school colors to green with free computer recycling from Apple” – I noticed that our blog post from May of 2011 was getting a lot of hits in the last few days, so I clicked around and saw the Apple is again recycling old computers! According to their website, this is a limited time & exclusive offer to accredited K-12 and Higher Education Institutions in the 50 United States and the District of Columbia. Registration for free recycling is available from May 14 through August 31, 2012.
Here’s what you need to know:
• Institutions must have 25 or more computer items (qualifying computers, printers, or displays) to recycle.
• Institutions must register products for recycling prior to shipping them.
• Apple will also accept other brands and types of equipment.
• Products must be registered for pickup by August 31st.
• Institutions must pack & shrink-wrap eligible equipment – Apple does not provide pallets, shrink-wrap, or packing labor.
• Apple is not responsible for any of the data on recycled equipment.
• Click here for more information on this program, and click here for general information on Apple’s recycling efforts.