Educators all over the world have used Google‘s geo products to help students conceptualize, visualize, share and communicate information about the world around them. Coming up, there are two Google Geo Teachers Institutes planned: June 13 and 14, 2012 in Dublin, Ireland and June 20 and 21, 2012 in London, England. Both events will be held at the local Google office. (You can read about last year’s Institutes here).
“This two-day event is a free professional development experience designed to help educators get the most from Google’s geography-related products and technologies. Participants receive hands-on experience and learn best practices and tips for using Google Earth, Google Maps, and Google SketchUp, including a focus on features like Ocean, Mars, Moon and Sky in Google Earth. Attendees will also learn about innovative instructional strategies, theoretical foundations, and receive resources to share with colleagues. Speakers will share real life examples of how they are using these tools in their classrooms across all subjects.“
You should note, only people to who have applied and have been notified of acceptance may attend the Institute.
• Read through all of the entry form before completing the application.
• Educators worldwide may apply to attend this event, but all attendees must pay for their own travel and lodging.
• There is no way to save an application in progress, you should prepare all your responses before starting the application.
Questions on the application include, but are not limited to:
• Which of these Google tools/resources are you most proficient with?
• List three of your favorite NON-Google technology tools/products that you use on a regular basis.
• In your current position, what percentage of your time is spent training or supporting classroom teachers?
If you are interested in joining of the of the Google Geo Teacher Institutes, complete this application by April 30, 2012. Invitations will be sent out based on availability by May 11, 2012.