March 31: Community Day Program at Mildred Lane Kemper Art Museum
This special event, from 11 am to 3 pm, welcomes the community and celebrate the art on view features snacks and games with interactive art experiences for all ages. Activities at the Kemper Art Museum will include button making, scavenger hunts, storytelling, collage making, and more. Here’s a break down of the day (admission is free):
- 11:30 am – Storytelling in PC gallery An Eye For Color
- 12:30 pm – Wash U A Capella group The Stereotypes
- 1:00 pm – curator’s tour of Stezaker with Kate Butler
- 2:00 pm – Wash U SLAM poets perform in PC gallery
- All day:
– collage making in conjunction with Stezaker exhibition in 104 led by local artist Maria Ojascastro
– cut silhouettes in conjunction with Stezaker exhibition led by local artist Joyce Yarbrough
– scavenger hunt in Stezaker exhibition with prizes at front desk for completed ones
– scavenger hunt in PC galleries, button making in atrium
– lemonade and cookies!
Learn more at kemperartmuseum.wustl.edu.