Come hear Mark McLeod’s keynote – “Planting a Seed to be the Best!,” plus choose from 26 breakout sessions at the St. Louis Regional Professional Development Center/ Cooperating School Districts’ annual Best Practices Conference at the St. Charles Convention Center on February 28, 2012!
The best of the best from local schools will share their best practices with participants. This year’s theme is Honoring Teachers, Classrooms and Schools That Get Results. You can read more about it here . A sample of breakout sessions include:
- Multifaceted Differentiation– Michele Cherry, Wentzville SD
- Google Tools to Improve Professional Collaboration– Lydia Spoor, Ritenour SD
- How to Improve Student Achievement in Math by NOT Grading Homework– Jonathan Isaacson, Hillsboro SD
- Interactive Learning Strategies that Increase Student Engagement– Peggy Dersch, CSD, Jana Reiter, Parkway SD
- Conferring with Confidence– Julie Linck, Pattonville SD
- Questioning Techniques that Maximizes Student Engagement– Mark McLeod
- Closing the Gap One Learning Target at a Time– Courtney Rejniak, Dan Tripp, Parkway SD
- Creating a Sense of Cultural Literacy– Bertha Richardson, RPDC
- Vocabulary Strategies for Secondary Students: Making it “Click”– Mitzi Brammer, Special SD
- Raising the Bar, Lowering the Cost– Don Jeffries, Windsor C-1 SD
You can finish the day at the CSD Winter Conference with keynote Mark McLeod as he explores strategies used by administrators to successfully lead schools. Mark’s keynote address on positive leadership through instructional supervision, relationship building, effective instruction, student-teacher motivation and more promises to be inspiring and motivating! This session is an additional $30 and includes dinner.
Graduate credit is available for an additional fee. For additional questions please contact Karen Vaughan at email@example.com or call 314-692-1250 or Dave Sanders at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 314-692-1219. Register online. CSD members just pay $60 for attending.