New Links for Your Classroom with Videoconferencing & Skype- a new session was added for Thursday, November 3, 2011- will be 8:30 am- 3:30 pm. The cost is $149 CSD member; $189 non-member; New Links members can get this workshop for free! (One Graduate credit is also available). Register here.
Our October 12th class filled up in record time! We’ve added another session so you can find out how to take your students anywhere in the world to connect with experts and collaborate with other students- all without leaving your classroom. Rebecca Morrison leads this session and brings her six + years experience with K-12 connections. You can make these connections using distance learning technology tools like Skype and curriculum videoconferencing. In this workshop, you will have the chance to learn how using videoconferencing and Skype fits easily into your existing programs of study. Come learn how to find, design, and participate in virtual field trips and collaborative projects. These lessons promote higher order thinking skills, increase motivation and create fantastic collaborations. Participants will:
- Be introduced to videoconferencing and how it works, and to CSD’s distance learning program, New Links
- Compare & contrast videoconferencing and Skype for your classroom
- Set up a free Skype account and practice using it by adding contacts, setting privacy settings and looking into education.skype.com
- Learn how to find content for both videoconferences and Skype connections
- Connect to content providers for videoconference demonstrations
- Design virtual field trips or collaborative projects by visiting websites like projects.twice.cc