New Links for Your Classroom with Videoconferencing & Skype: Find out how to take your students anywhere in the world to connect with experts and collaborate with other students- all without leaving your classroom! You can make these connections using distance learning technology tools like Skype and curriculum videoconferencing.
In this workshop taught by New Links Program Coordinator Rebecca Morrison (above), you will have the chance to learn how using videoconferencing and Skype fits easily into your existing programs of study. Come learn how to find, design, and participate in virtual field trips and collaborative projects. These lessons promote higher order thinking skills, increase motivation and create fantastic collaborations. Participants will:
· Be introduced to videoconferencing and to CSD’s distance learning program, New Links
· Compare & contrast videoconferencing and Skype for your classroom
· Set up a free Skype account and practice using it by adding contacts, setting privacy settings and looking into education.skype.com
· Learn how to find content for both videoconferences and Skype connections
· Connect to content providers for videoconference demonstrations
· Design virtual field trips or collaborative projects by visiting websites like projects.twice.cc
This tele one-day workshop takes place June 8 from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
$149 CSD member; $189 non-member (One Graduate Credit Available)