Applications (which include a 1-minute video) are open for the Google Teacher Academy, in Seattle, Washington. The Google Teacher Academy takes place July 28th (with an optional unconference on July 29th). Participants must provide their own travel, and if necessary, their own lodging. Applications are due by 11:50 PDT (9:50 CDT) on Thursday, June 16, 2011. To read more about the academy this summer, visit this link. Educators who attend a Google Teacher Academy become Google Certified Teachers (GCT).
- Exceptional educators with a passion for using innovative tools to improve teaching and learning.
- Creative leaders who understand their local needs and can spread innovation as a recognized expert.
- Ambassadors for change who model high expectations, life-long learning, collaboration, equity & inclusion, and innovation.
GCTs are expected to:
- Develop a “Personal Action Plan.”
- Lead at least three local professional development activities over the course of 12 months.
- Successfully deploy one school on to Google Apps for Education.
- Actively participate in the Google Certified Teacher Online Community.
- Share the impact of their work with other Google Certified Teachers through an end-of-year reflection.
In addition to a free day of training, GCTs get:
- Access to the GCT Online Community.
- Access to additional free educational resources.
- Opportunities to give Google feedback on educational uses of tools.
- Invitations to join Google at special events.
- The right to post the GCT web badge on their website or blog (like the Virtual Learning Center’s Google Certified Teacher, Stephanie Madlinger– look to the right!).