ISTE 2011: Videoconference Sessions posted on February 25, 2011 by Janine Lim on her blog:
“The ISTE Program is searchable online now! Are you planning to go this year?! Here are all the video conference related sessions that I could find on the program.
Sunday, June 26
- Workshop: 8:30-3:30 Creating Environmental Literacy with Technology and Learning Communities by Roxanne Glaser of Whirlidurb fame, and Christina and Rich Hum from Kigluait. This workshop will be awesome!!
- Workshop: 8:30-3:30 Building Digital Age Communication and Collaboration Skills with Videoconferencing by yours truly.
- SIG IVC Forum: 10:00-11:30 am SIGIVC Forum: Keeping the Edge with Videoconferencing with SIG IVC Prez Paul Hieronymus
- Global Poster: 7:00-8:30 pm Read Around the Planet: A Videoconference Celebration of Reading by yours truly.
- Global Poster: 7:00-8:30 pm Global iPals: Picturing Cultures and Communities around the World using Skype and VoiceThread
- Global Poster: 7:00-8:30 pm Sharing the Environment: Using Technology to Connect Classrooms Across Borders a Skype collaboration between the U.S. and Trinidad!
Monday, June 27
- IVC Showcase: 8:00-8:30 am Chinese to Go: Delivering Mandarin Language Instruction to American Classrooms by Sue Calvin, one of the TWICE Read Around the Planet Verification Partners.
- Workshop: 8:30-11:30 am Inviting the World into Your Classroom through Interactive Videoconferencing by Ellen Cronin (Polycom) and Sue Porter (TWICE CAPspace and Read Around the Planet coordinator)
- IVC Showcase: 8:45-9:15 am Virtual Kaleidoscope: Converging the Arts through Videoconferencing by Heather Weiss Walsh. MAGPI does such awesome work!
- IVC Showcase: 9:30-10:00 am Lest We Forget: Interview War Veterans via Videoconference by yours truly and Michael Witzel.
- IVC Showcase: 10:15-10:45 am PD in HD: Learn “Virtually” Anywhere Using an IVC Studio by Jennifer Wivagg (go Jennifer!!)
- IVC Showcase: 11:00-11:30 am Kudos and Caveats: Teaching Photography via Videoconference Dale Hilton and Arielle Levine of The Cleveland Museum of Art (my favorite art museum that offers VC!).
- IVC Showcase: 11:45-12:15 pm On the Road with the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Yay! Love this provider too!
- IVC Showcase: 12:30-1:00 pm HEC-TV Live! Unlock Students Potential by Connecting Classrooms and Experts. Glad to see HEC-TV back for another year! (Rebecca edit: so are we!!)
- IVC Showcase: 1:15-1:45 pm Tackling Student Interest with the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Another awesome provider! They are nicely priced also.
- IVC Showcase: 2:00-2:30 pm How to Use Interactive Video-conferencing to Teach Wildlife Lessons A new provider from Montana!
- IVC Showcase: 2:45-3:15 pm Dance Your Tush Off: Bringing Arts into the Classroom featuring The Cowles Center’s Dance Education. (We did their African dance program last fall and it was awesome!)
- IVC Showcase: 3:30-4:00 Get Dirty Virtually! IVC Field Trips and Dissections with DMNS. The Denver Museum of Nature and Science was just getting started at ISTE last year – and now they are presenting! Looking forward to it!
- IVC Showcase: 4:15-4:45 pm Dialing a Dinosaur: Videoconferencing with the Royal Tyrrell Museum by Colin Regamey. The Royal Tyrrell Museum consistently wins Teachers’ Favorite awards!
Tuesday, June 28
- BYOL: 12:15-1:15 pm Collaborations around the Planet: Social Networking for Educational Videoconferencing by yours truly.
- Poster: 1:00-3:00 pm SeaTrek Traveling Exhibits: Featuring Interactive Videoconferencing Programs Wow! Wish this one was a live VC! Love SeaTrek’s work!!
- Poster: 1:00-3:00 pm From Idea to Implementation: Helping Teachers Implement Curriculum Videoconferencing by Roxanne Glaser of Whirlidurb fame. If you are struggling at all to get VC going in your area, make sure you attend this session!!
- Lecture: 3:45-4:45 pm See Me, Hear Me: Mobile Video Conferences by Carol Teitelman, Region 13. Sounds awesome, Carol!
- Poster: 4:00-6:00 pm Skyping: The New Dress-Up Corner For early el. This sounds awesome!
- Poster: 4:00-6:00 pm Collaborative Project Work between Northern and Southern Ireland (This project has been featured before and is an awesome example of best practice!)
Wednesday, June 29
- Poster: 8:00-10:00 am National Museum of the American Indian Webcasts and Videoconferences (In addition to VC, they are doing webcasting!)
- Poster: 8:00-10:00 am Smithsonian American Art Connections: Videoconferencing, Online Resources, Teacher Institutes (A great FREE content provider!)
- Interactive Videoconferencing Playground: 9:00-1:00 Interactive Videoconferencing Playground by the pirate team: Roxanne Glaser, Content Director of Whirlidurb with Lori Colwill, Janine Lim, Audra May and Anne Marie Millar. Don’t miss this amazing experience! See pictures from last year online. Visit the playground wiki.
- Spotlight: 10:15-11:15 am I-Imagine: Waking Up a Generation to Their Own Greatness including a live Skype connection to a student!
What a great line-up of sessions! I’m also glad to see almost 3 times as many sessions on Tuesday as there were last year.
Are there any that I missed? Hope to see you at a VC session at ISTE! (or stay tuned for blog reports here!)“
This will be my (Rebecca) first year at ISTE- I’ll be any many of the sessions above Janine has compiled. Looking forward to it!