Category Archives: Google
Bob Deneau is in his 16th year with the Rockwood School District (MO) and has been an Instructional Technology Specialist for the past 8 years. Bob is passionate about the effective use of technology and the impact it has on student learning. In June 2014, Bob attended the Google Teacher Academy in Atlanta, GA to become a Google Certified Teacher. He is also a certified Google Education Trainer and co-led Rockwood’s Google Apps for Education roll out in the 2013-2014 school year.
Bob is a 2015 Midwest Spotlight Educator. This recognition, in its third year, honors leaders from the region in education technology, whose practices are making a difference for students and teachers. You can hear his best practices at the Midwest Education Technology Community Conference this February. Learn more about the annual conference at METCconference.org.
In the St. Louis area, Bob is involved in regional professional development as a board member for the Educational Technology Association of St. Louis and as a member of the EdcampSTL planning team. Connect with Bob on Twitter @itechbob and other social networks such as Google+.
EducationPlus is excited to announce that Global Education Evangelist (at Google) Jaime Casap and The Daring Librarian Gwyneth Jones will be the two keynotes for the annual METC Conference. METC 2015 is February 9-11 at the St. Charles Convention Center. METC is a program of EducationPlus and an affiliate of ISTE. To learn more about the conference, such as when the call for proposals is due, visit www.METCconference.org.
The Connected Classroom is the EducationPlus Learning Division blog. Here are the top five most visited posts for the past month– did you contribute to the clicks?
1) Bloomin’ Toolbox + Google Goods
2) Accepting METC 2015 Proposals Through Start of School Year
3) World War I, 100 Years Later
4) Two-Day Digital Citizenship Workshop
5) Reading Workshop for Beginners Institute
The last two summer edtech workshops are scheduled next week at EducationPlus with Google Certified Teacher Cindy Lane:
• Bloomin’ Toolbox: Resources for Today’s Educators consists of diving into the six levels of Bloom’s Taxonomy, aligned with Common Core principles, and retrieving useful web 2.0 tools to use in your classroom. Time will be spent collaborating with other educators to share tools as well as looking into the usefulness of sites listed by the facilitator. All websites discussed will be housed on a Google site for further reflection. JULY 28.
• Google Goods that Meet the Standards: So your school has “gone Google” and left you behind? NO WORRIES! Out of the 50+ free tools brought to you by Google, a Google Certified Teacher will share the educationally based tools tied to Missouri Learning Standards you need to understand and help you navigate through them during this workshop. Among the favorites are DOCS, GMAIL, CALENDAR, SEARCH, CUSTOM SEARCH ENGINES and EVEN MORE!! Get the goods on all things Google in this fast-paced workshop. July 29.
Visit www.edplus.org to learn more & to register.
(1) Seeking 2015 Midwest Spotlight Educators for METC
(2) Discovery’s Geocaching Day
(3) Adventures in STEM Education: Learn to Code!
(4) Instructional Practice in the Culturally Responsive Classroom
(5) Google Goods that Meet the Standards