Category Archives: Google
(1) Google Mania Takes Over in July read it here
(2) To Thine Own Self Be True: Character Education with Shakespeare read it here
(3) St. Louis Summer 2015 Reading Clubs read it here
(4) Project Based Learning & 21st Century Skills with LEGO read it here
(5) Using Sensory Integration Strategies to Help Students Focus read it here
Several instructors from this summer’s line up of edtech programming met today to share and collaborate. We’re really excited to have such a dynamic, diverse group of educators available to share their best practices within their professional learning network. Sessions include working in Google, coding in the classroom, downloading the right apps for your students and digital literacy. To learn more about what is being offered, or to register, visit edplus.org/summer_of_innova.html.
Join metro area Google Certified Teachers* as they present a two day learning event this summer: Google Mania! On day one, participants will take part in a ‘speed geek style’ presentation with the GCTs. Participants will immediately learn 8-12 features and strategies to use in their classroom. They’ll also take time to explore and then on day two of Google Mania, they’ll dive deeper into other Google Apps For Education.
Registrants should bring Google-friendly devices like laptops, Chromebooks, tablets and other Android products. Register by clicking here. Learn more about the Google Certified Teacher instructors below.
What is a Google Certified Teacher?
The Google Teacher Academy (GTA) is a free professional development experience designed to help primary and secondary educators from around the globe get the most from innovative technologies. Approximately 50 educators from around the world are selected to attend each GTA based on the merits of their online application. Each GTA is an intensive, two-day training during which participants get hands-on experience with Google tools, learn about innovative instructional strategies, receive resources to share with colleagues and immerse themselves in a supportive community of educators making impact. After the GTA, GCTs are expected to positively impact change in their communities. We are very fortunate in the St. Louis metro area to have several educators* who have been selected to attend this prestigious academy, including our Google Mania instructors:
- Bob Deneau is an Instructional Technology Specialist in the Rockwood School District. As a Google Certified Teacher and Authorized Google Education Trainer, Bob is passionate about the power of Google tools and how they can transform a classroom.
- Greg Lawrence is currently the Technology Facilitator for the Wentzville School District. Greg is a Google Certified Teacher, an Authorized Google Education Trainer and a co-leader for GEG (Google Educator Group) Eastern Missouri.
- Tina Lauer is currently the Instructional Technologist and Assessment Coordinator in the St. Charles R-VI School District. Tina is a Google Certified Teacher and Authorized Google Education Trainer.