Category Archives: Common Core
The METC 2015 Virtual Conference consisted of live programming on February 10 and 11 during the edtech conference. Those same sessions are now archived for streaming at your convenience. The presentations chosen include those from keynote and featured speakers as well as Midwest Spotlight Educators.
The Smarter Balanced Library is a resource available to all Missouri teachers. Its Digital Library is a collection of professional learning resources and instructional resources to help educators tailor their Missouri Learning Standards instruction to students’ needs using formative assessment processes. Educators can use these resources throughout the school year to:
- Identify any misconceptions they might have regarding formative assessment
- Increase their use of formative assessment tools
- Better understand where students are in their learning
- Make quick adjustments to instruction
EducationPlus is offering six workshops over three days to help educators to learn how to navigate the Digital Library, differentiate between professional and instructional resources and explore resources for their specific needs.
Monday, October 27, 2014 OR
Monday, November 10, 2014 OR
Friday, December 12, 2014
Times: 8:30- 11:30am and repeats 12:30 – 3:30pm;
choose morning or afternoon session.
Location: EducationPlus, 1460 Craig Rd., St. Louis, MO 63146
Cost: $50 Members and Non-Members
Participants will need to bring their own device and district provided access code to this workshop. Register online at www.edplus.org.
The last two summer edtech workshops are scheduled next week at EducationPlus with Google Certified Teacher Cindy Lane:
• Bloomin’ Toolbox: Resources for Today’s Educators consists of diving into the six levels of Bloom’s Taxonomy, aligned with Common Core principles, and retrieving useful web 2.0 tools to use in your classroom. Time will be spent collaborating with other educators to share tools as well as looking into the usefulness of sites listed by the facilitator. All websites discussed will be housed on a Google site for further reflection. JULY 28.
• Google Goods that Meet the Standards: So your school has “gone Google” and left you behind? NO WORRIES! Out of the 50+ free tools brought to you by Google, a Google Certified Teacher will share the educationally based tools tied to Missouri Learning Standards you need to understand and help you navigate through them during this workshop. Among the favorites are DOCS, GMAIL, CALENDAR, SEARCH, CUSTOM SEARCH ENGINES and EVEN MORE!! Get the goods on all things Google in this fast-paced workshop. July 29.
Visit www.edplus.org to learn more & to register.