Category Archives: Classroom Technology
The last two summer edtech workshops are scheduled next week at EducationPlus with Google Certified Teacher Cindy Lane:
• Bloomin’ Toolbox: Resources for Today’s Educators consists of diving into the six levels of Bloom’s Taxonomy, aligned with Common Core principles, and retrieving useful web 2.0 tools to use in your classroom. Time will be spent collaborating with other educators to share tools as well as looking into the usefulness of sites listed by the facilitator. All websites discussed will be housed on a Google site for further reflection. JULY 28.
• Google Goods that Meet the Standards: So your school has “gone Google” and left you behind? NO WORRIES! Out of the 50+ free tools brought to you by Google, a Google Certified Teacher will share the educationally based tools tied to Missouri Learning Standards you need to understand and help you navigate through them during this workshop. Among the favorites are DOCS, GMAIL, CALENDAR, SEARCH, CUSTOM SEARCH ENGINES and EVEN MORE!! Get the goods on all things Google in this fast-paced workshop. July 29.
Visit www.edplus.org to learn more & to register.
This Thursday and Friday, July 17 & 18, join us for Digital Citizenship: It’s Common Sense. Do you know what type of digital footprint you are creating? We teach our children how to be safe within the physical community, but what about norms for appropriate, responsible behavior with regard to technology use? This class is based on the material in Digital Citizenship in Schools, an ISTE 2011 bestseller. We’ll explore the nine elements of Digital Citizenship: Access, Commerce, Communication, Literacy, Etiquette, Law, Rights & Responsibilities, Health & Wellness, and Security. Seats are still open, register at www.edplus.org today, and we will see you later this week! Cost: $279 members; $349 non-members; two graduate credits available.
Interested in presenting at the 32nd annual Midwest Education Technology Community Conference? METC 2015 is February 9-11. The conferences continues to grow in size- onsite attendance in St. Louis, Missouri, was over 2,000 last year and online attendance via Twitter reached several hundred thousand educators!
Make note of these 2014 dates & start planning!
• Preconference Workshop Proposal Deadline: August 23
• General Session Proposal Deadline: September 13
• Proposal Review Period: September-October
• Acceptance Notification: October
Seeking Precons and Breakouts:
• Preconference Workshop (3 hour or 6 hour)
• General Session (50 minutes or 1 hour & 50 minutes)
1. Assessment (ex: data teams & analysis)
2. Differentiated Instruction (ex: assistive technology)
3. Digital Creation (ex: 3D printers, 3D design)
4. E-Learning (ex: flipped classroom)
5. Innovative Instruction (ex: literacy skills and math reasoning)
6. Leadership & Professional Learning (ex: innovative leadership practices)
7. Library & Media Literacy (ex: copyright, fair use & Creative Commons)
8. Mobile Learning (ex: 1:1)
9. Technical Infrastructure & Support (ex: wireless networking)
Tags: assessment, differentiated instruction, Digital Creation, E-Learning, edtech, EducationPlus, Innovative Instruction, Leadership & Professional Learning, Library & Media Literacy, METC, Mobile Learning, STEM, Technical Infrastructure & Support
Students are surrounded by visual images all day long: TV, streaming, apps… Examine how technology has changed the creation of visual images in news & ads and discuss what that effect has been on our students. Learn how to help students decipher the messages implicit in visual images while developing lessons that align to the standards.
Join us in Teaching New Literacies to Meet the Standards on Tuesday, July 22. Register online at www.edplus.org.
• hearing from educators who are already Flipping in their classrooms
• learning how to use the technology to record videos and upload to computers
• discussing best strategies for Flipping your class
• incorporating differentiation, inspiring students
• receiving a copy of the book Flip Your Classroom
Register online, where you’ll find more enrollment details.