Monthly Archives: May 2009
Here’s a Web 2.0 tools and applications index for you to check out (and possibly be overwhelmed by): www.go2web20.net.
If you mouse over the application icon, a short description of the tool pops up, for example, TweetPhoto is “Photosharing Made Simple” and Mixcloud suggests you “Re-think Radio.”
There is a wealth of Web 2.0 information at this site. You can search by tag, read the blog… have fun!
Midwest Education Technology Conference
this February 8, 9, 10, 2010
registration begins October 1, 2009
We are offering a large selection of instructional technology professional development this summer at Cooperating School Districts. The classes are housed in our newly updated tele (technology enhanced learning environment). Here’s a random sampling of what you and your colleagues can sign up for:
- Online “Street Smarts:” Being Legal, Literate, and Secure
- Wiki Your Way to a Classroom Website
- Google Academy: Search, Learn, Share!
- Promoting Student Inquiry Using WebQuests
- Classroom Projects Using Digital Photography
- Beginning and Intermediate Moodle Training
At the end of next week, we will have completed the 2008-2009 school year cycle of videoconferences!! So, here is what’s lined up this week & next, ranging from the Revolutionary War brought to us by the Smithsonian, to a program from NASA:
- Hungry, Hungry Caterpillar
- African Animals
- Young America
- Daring Women in Aviation
- The Body in Space