St. Louis area educators, here are some upcoming tele classes!
Creating Technology-Rich Lessons to Increase Student Achievement
Wednesday, April 2, 9, 16, & 23 4-7 pm
$259 CSD member | $389 non-member
This three-day workshop is for people already familiar with “surfing the Net” but unsure about how exactly to use it and other technologies such as Microsoft Office applications in their classes. The focus of the workshop will be to help you create an entire lesson plan from lesson objectives and assignments to teacher and student support materials, all the way to a scoring guide for technology projects. Get tools and a model for technology integration in your classroom.
• Learn easy to use Internet search strategies for you and your students
• Find lesson plans on the Web to use or modify
• Store websites in a free location on the web
• Create “tracks” of approved websites for students
• Learn the “grammar” of the web
• Create quizzes online
• Create worksheets for use online by students
• Create assignments that require students to use word-processing, PowerPoint and simple web pages
• Create your own PowerPoints for use in introducing a lesson
• Find scoring guide templates for technology projects and create your own rubric online
Using MS Publisher in the Classroom
Monday, April 14 4-7 pm
$59 CSD member | $89 non-member
Newsletters, fliers, signs, tickets, calendars, invitations, brochures, banners, and certificates are staples in the classroom. This software application enables you to create all of these and more through easy-to-use templates that are already set up for you. No more guessing about attractive layouts, colors, etc. With this program, you are a graphic artist! Publisher makes it easy with PageWizard that walks you through the process for making publications. During this workshop, you will create from scratch, so come with ideas for projects you want to develop, and you will learn how to design student assignments that require the use of this technology tool.
Tags: csd, Microsoft Office, online rubrics, PageWizard, PowerPoint lessons, professional development, Publisher, student achievement, technology tool, tele, Virtual Learning Center, web grammar